Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Revision of Poem



[Untitled]
I feel like I want it.
Excuse, me I need it.
Give me you. Don’t hold back.
You are amazing, I am guessing.
A bird does not hold back its passion.
He awakes early and sings with all its might
He voices an opinion everyone hears but no one listens too.
Then I grab the .22 and drop the sucker out of the tree.
His passion means nothing to me, he is just noise.
So what about my passion?
Does she really hear me? Or does she grab her gun?

REVISION

Closed System
 

The world gave me knowledge and in return I gave my service
I served the knowledge and it granted me happiness
The world granted me knowledge.
Many of friends were granted the knowledge as well, and they were happy.
However, the world was not fair.
The knowledge was given to the unwise and they abused its power.
Or at least that is what I thought.
With the knowledge came envy
The world gave me the gift of jealousy
The knowledge soon became unclear and I misunderstood the world.
I wanted to misuse the knowledge and still remain happy.  
 But I could not disobey the knowledge.
Nature became my teacher.
I learned of the world before knowledge.
The birds who did not hold back their passion taught me how to live.
I wanted to be one with their teachings but I could not disobey the knowledge.
My friends with the knowledge seem unhappy now.
I recognize their sadness.
I see their pain.
I can never disobey the knowledge.
I have tried to disobey the knowledge and that only sends me running back.
The knowledge controls me.
I am one with the knowledge.
I can never be without the knowledge.
I… can…never…be…without…the... no
 

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing these ideas develop. You've moved from that moment of attraction/curiosity, to a larger metaphor for openness, to something even more philosophical. The movement from specific to abstract. The conclusion wants to undermine it all, however, right? This movement toward abstract/philosophical feels like a strong current for you.

    ReplyDelete